As ICT takes the central stage in the Indian education systems—covering K-12 schools as well as higher and research driven education institutions—Cisco Systems strives to addressing the growing market around connectivity, security, and unified communications & collaboration solutions with its wide spectrum of products and systems in the country. In a new development, the company has come out with a Blueprint for Digital Education at the Cisco Digital Education Summit held recently at the Indian School of Business (ISB) Hyderabad.
The Blueprint for Digital Education is based on Cisco’s highly secure core network and unified voice, video, and wireless communications, which are protected by state-of-the-art security solutions and lay the framework for connected campuses, empowered educators, informed administrators, and students who have the tools they need for success in a new digital world.
“Students today are hyper-connected technology users. They have high expectations that are constantly changing. As the world of education continues to change, educators must adapt to evolving expectations and benchmarks. By offering educators and students more ways to connect, engage, manage, and succeed, the Cisco Blueprint for Digital Education aims to help colleges and universities create a completely integrated digital environment that meets the high expectations of today’s students”, said Sudhir Nayar, Managing Director, Commercial Sales, Cisco India & SAARC.
In India, several leading institutions such as the Manipal University, Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Jamia Hamdard, and Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies are using Cisco digital education solutions to redefine the education experience.
Attributes of the Blueprint:
- With Cisco Connected Classroom solutions, which use the Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) and collaboration solutions such as WebEx® online meetings and Cisco Spark all-in-one communications, students can learn how they learn best: anywhere, anytime, and on any device. Whether on or off campus or in a flipped classroom model, students and educators have highly secure access to educational resources, using their smartphones, tablets, and other connected devices.
- By utilizing pervasive Wi-Fi access, sensors, and analytics, digital campus solutions enable higher levels of operational efficiency to campus administration and management, including smart lighting and connected vehicles, while allowing a deeper view into building efficiencies, student behavior, and network security. Cisco Connected Campus provides extensive network analytics that can help administrators make data-driven decisions while managing facilities, lighting, parking, and transportation.
- With smart workspaces that automatically track student attendance and progress, schools and universities can operate efficiently in a rapidly changing environment. Digital learning classrooms can support new online learning experiences, worldwide collaboration, and rich online media consumption with virtual classrooms. They empower students to learn on demand from any location, eliminating the boundaries that limit a student’s ability to learn.
- Cisco Connected Research solutions give researchers, faculty, and students the tools they need to connect and collaborate transparently on campus and around the world. They can conduct research—including high-performance computing (HPC)—in a secure environment and quickly scale computing resources to fuel innovation.
- Today’s schools and universities can be the targets of both physical threats and cyberattacks. Cisco cybersecurity and physical security solutions help keep students, staff, and data safe and secure, whether on campus, off campus, or inside school vehicles.